[asterisk-users] Morse Code

F6HQZ f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net
Thu Feb 25 12:58:41 CST 2010

Hi Chris,

Morse code is mainly used for HAM radio activity with Asterisk,
connecting radio repeaters area through Internet.

It's often mandatory (local regulations side) to transmit from time to
time and/or at end of traffic period a Morse sequence including the
repeater (or repeater's owner) HAM radio call sign and position (and
some extra info as time, temperature and so...).

You can read more about Asterisk and HAM radio here :
http://www.zapatatelephony.org/

and here :
http://app-rpt.qrvc.com/

Best 73's from F6HQZ Francois (France)