[asterisk-users] audio glitches in conference

Jonathan Addleman jono at redowl.ca
Thu Feb 25 12:10:02 CST 2010

Jeff Brower wrote:
> How did you measure the gaps?  Using signal or speech analysis
> software to display the recording?  If you measure number of samples
> between the gaps, does it correspond to multiples of RTP packet
> payload length (for example, for 8 kHz G711 multiples of 80 samples
> between gaps) ?

I just loaded the file into audacity and measured the gaps by looking at
the wave form. I just went through some of the samples I recorded
yesterday, and found that all the gaps are multiples of 8 samples - from
8 up to 32. I guess that's because dahdi/zaptel ticks are 8 samples
each, so if it misses one, 8 samples get lost. I can't imagine that RTP
is involved, since this is happening with purely local channels (just
the Playback application and the eagi script)

--
Jon-o Addleman - http://www.redowl.ca