[asterisk-users] subject: 1.4 vs 1.6

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 08:56:50 CST 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Juan Sandro <juan.sandro at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys
>

> We are using asterisk 1.4 on all of our platforms for a while now.
> Some of our partners recommended to use asterisk 1.6 in order to improve
> overall stability and performance.
>
> Can someone please let me know if you have a such experience?
> Also, do you have any other negative or positive comments on 1.6

If it isn't broke, don't 'fix' it.

There are benefits to 1.6, like dramatically enhanced SIP support,
much faster dialplan processing, easier faxing, changes to dialplan
syntax, and lots of other features. I would say the improvement of
going to 1.6 is only if you are trying to expect more from the same
gear, or want the new features. If you're not actually having
problems, don't change anything.