[asterisk-users] SIP provider registration attempts

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Feb 24 05:58:38 CST 2010

Hi!

> > Look at qualify= for sip.conf, and consider to extend your
> > diaplan for a
> > better routing decision with a snippet like this
>
> Actually, I noticed that setting qualify= alone solves my issue. I
> apparently don't require extra dialplan logic because if the peer is
> "unreachable" (according to "qualify state") then I guess that Asterisk's
> Dial() immediately fails.

That's right, but a) you might want to make a routing decision already
before starting Dial() for a smoother handling of calls, and b) the extra
code helps to differentiate the case when qualify says all is fine, yet
the peer still cannot be reached for whatever reason. Asterisk will
translate the SIP error code into a HANGUPCAUSE, and with that
translation you loose a lot of information.

Philipp