[asterisk-users] [OT] Asterisk 1.6 and DECT Phones

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 02:23:22 CST 2010

On 22/02/10 16:18, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
> Hi,
>
> looking for your valued input on suitable suggestions for high quality VoIP DECT phones.  I am having real issues with my Snom M3s and Asterisk 1.6 and looking to a new manufacturer.

Another vote for the Siemens Gigaset range. Been using the S685IP almost
since the day it was released here in the UK. Nice handsets, great voice
quality, but as others have said the UI can be a bit slow.

Do watch out for the last firmware release though. Siemens had some
trouble with that although I personally haven't experienced the issues
reported:

http://www.mgraves.org/voip/2009/11/gigaset-firmware-update-released/

It looks like a new firmware release is imminent:

http://www.mgraves.org/voip/2010/02/gigaset-news-new-beta-firmware-release/

HTH

Alan

--