[asterisk-users] init.d error when installing trunk

Nic Colledge nic at njcolledge.net
Mon Feb 22 12:57:51 CST 2010

Hi,
The last few times I have installed trunk versions of asterisk on Ubuntu I have seen this error after doing a "make config" for asterisk.
"install: cannot stat `contrib/init.d/etc_default_asterisk': No such file or directory"
The init.d links then fail to work properly (e.g. /etc/init.d/asterisk restart) after installation. Most recently I installed asterisk (SVN-trunk-r248269) on Ubuntu Server 9.10.
Have I missed something in the install process somewhere?
Thanks,
Nic.