[asterisk-users] [OT] Asterisk 1.6 and DECT Phones

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 11:22:04 CST 2010

On 22 February 2010 16:18, --[ UxBoD ]-- <uxbod at splatnix.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> looking for your valued input on suitable suggestions for high quality VoIP DECT phones.  I am having real issues with my Snom M3s and Asterisk 1.6 and looking to a new manufacturer.
>
> --
> Thanks, Phil

We use the snom M3s without any great difficulty, but the 1st thing to
do when they come out of the box is to upgrade the firmware. Some of
the earlier firmware revisions make these devices more useful as a
doorstop!

Additionally we use the Siemens Gigaset range. The only problems with
them are 1) No auto configuration worth considering,  and 2) Keeping
up with the ever changing range. Again, be 100% sure to upgrade the
firmware on these handsets when they come out of the box.

Regards,
Steve