[asterisk-users] HFC-S card

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Feb 22 07:02:37 CST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:22:39PM +0000, Pedro Santos wrote:
> On 2/22/2010 10:26 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
> > Pedro Santos wrote:
> >

> >> Does any one put a HFC-S card working in nt ptp mode?
> >>
> > I've got an HFC-PCI (single channel) running in NT ptp mode. Dunno if
> > that helps.
> >

> > /Per Jessen, Zürich
> >

> I have use this howto
> "http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+zaphfc" , but i can´t put
> the card working in nt ptp mode.
> Can you explain me how i have to do that? Do you have any howto to make
> the card work in nt ptp mode?
> thanks for answer

Short answert:   signalling = bri_net

Longer answer:

That page is outdated (hmm, and I didn't get to update it :-(   )

Nowadays (as of Asterisk 1.6.0) BRI support is included in Asterisk. The
zaphfc driver, though, is still not included in DAHDI. It's maintained,
though. The version included in the Debian packages is taken from
http://git.tzafrir.org.il/?p=dahdi-extra.git;a=summary .

Either way (bristuff or Asterisk >= 1.6.0) to use BRI PTP NT in chan_dahdi
you should set:

  signalling = bri_net

for the span's channels in /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf .

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com