[asterisk-users] RES: Dahdi & Congestion status

Rafael Prado Rocchi prado at practis.com.br
Sun Feb 21 17:59:36 CST 2010

Yes, it will catch congestion cases on the receiver side.

There's two ways to avoid it:

1) use ChanIsAvail on the dadhi channel. It works very well.

Or

2) Create a special signal for dahdi congestion (require modifying the
source and recompile) that differs from the congestion cause. Here we
created code 130, so we know when the congestion is on the dhadi channels or
if it is an external/operator congestion case.

We have servers running both ways, even with combination between
ChanisAvail() and the special 130 code.
All works very well.

PS: ChanisAvail may fail sometimes if you have few available channels and a
high demand for incoming calls.
Exemple: suppose you have just one channel available, ChanisAvail will
return this channel, but before dialplan reaches the Dial() command, an
incoming call is received in this channel. So you don't have a channel do
dial anymore, but ChanisAvail told you had one. You will then receive a
congestion with code 34.

Prado