[asterisk-users] BRI vs. PRI?

Håkon Nessjøen haakon at avelia.no
Sat Feb 20 10:49:01 CST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 10:17 PM, Roger Schreiter <roger at planinternet.de> wrote:
> Ken D'Ambrosio schrieb:
>> pretty pricey.  Is there any reason that a BRI can't do exactly the same
>> stuff, but on 2B+D instead of 23B+D?
>

> Hello,
>
> this depends on your operator and the telcom regulation in
> your country.

For example in Norway, you can normally only get 10 numbers on a
regular BRI line, if you are terminating with a normal
Point-To-Multi-Point line. But if you have a Point To Point capable
card and line configuration with the telco, you can get several ranges
of numbers. But of course only 2B+D.

But I think, apart from that, you can do mostly the same stuff as with
a norwegian PRI line, except getting privileges to use caller-id
numbers outside your own number-ranges.

So all in all. I think it's mostly up to your telco if you get the
same features or not.

Håkon