[asterisk-users] Virtual machine timing (KVM)

Sean Brady sbrady at gtfservices.com
Fri Feb 19 14:37:16 CST 2010

> To get MeetMe working properly, I know some sort of timing device
> provided by the zaptel package is required (even if it means the
> zt_dummy).  But, on a virtual machine I know that the Linux timing won't
> work as expected.  Is it possible to then dedicate a physical device
> like a USB port or something to the virtual machine to use for the
> timing interrupts?

The 2.2.1 version of DAHDI using DAHDI dummy seems to be working adequately in a Xen environment on CentOS for me, although I haven't been using MeetMe.  Have you run into issues with it specifically?  Which version of DAHDI are you using?  If there are some issues that you have found I would like to know...

Thanks,

Sean