[asterisk-users] splitting sip.conf to two files

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 10:21:46 CST 2010

Is it possible to split sip.conf into two files (sip1.conf sip2.conf)?

I have an Audiocodes gateway with two FXO ports, and (according to info I received, and it appears to be correct) Asterisk find the peers based on their IP
and not on their IP+PORT. Thus, Audiocodes with two FXO ports registered on the same devices (=> one single IP with different SIP ports), the last entry
into my sip.conf file is taken into consideration => all calls are sent to the context of that last extension.

So I can only use one "context" for incoming calls. If I split the sip.conf into two files will it make any difference.

Is it a limitation/bug in Asterisk or sip.conf?

--
Joseph