[asterisk-users] Registering of Asterisk against a SIP provider

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Thu Feb 18 02:36:41 CST 2010

Hi

Daniel Bareiro a écrit :
> [...]
>
> Hours ago the IP changed and the domain was updated satisfactorily, but
> in spite of this I was obtaining the registering failures that I
> mentioned above. After to restart Asterisk (1.4.24.1), I no longer had
> this problem of registering. But there would be some way to solve this
> problem?

[...]

It's an old story. Asterisk check DNS when it start that's why it's ok
after you have it restarted. When I was running Asterisk using dynamic
addresses, I made following:

- modify sip.conf to include a file placed where ever you want, contents
being externalip/externalhosts and all others info needed related to
external IP
- restarted myself ADSL line with a cron script each night
- this script extract/found the new IP using the method you prefer (eg
ping your dyndns host until response and than you have your new IP
  and insert the IP in the file you include in sip.conf
- this script restart asterisk

and voila :-)

Was working like a charm.

--