[asterisk-users] some newbie questions about gcc

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Feb 17 14:02:50 CST 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010, Givon Zirkind wrote:

> i have solaris 9, the kind that runs on a pc.  i tried downloading
> gcc-3.3.2-sol9-intel-local.gz; gcc-3.4.6-sol9-x86-local.gz and
> gcc_small-3.3.2-sol9-intel-local.gz.  none of them decompressed
> properly.  i tried it a few times.  i downloaded from "sunfreeware.com".

Switch to Linux?

Asterisk is developed on Linux, most installations are on Linux, most of
the users on this list use Linux -- specifically CentOS.

If you're determined, committed, or should be committed...

The "file" command may give you a clue. For example:

 	-t2::sedwards:~$ file example.gz
 	example.gz: gzip compressed data, from Unix, ...

If "file" doesn't say the file is "gzip compressed data" you have download
issues. Personally, I like to copy the URL from the web page and use
"wget" to download files.

--
Thanks in advance,