[asterisk-users] Polycom VVX1500 video working yet?

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 11:12:01 CST 2010

On 17 February 2010 16:56, asterisk <Asterisk at nbsvoice.com> wrote:
> Can anyone tell if asterisk and Polycom VVX1500 work with video yet?
> If so what version?   Is there a patch?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Doug

According to my experimentation, Polycom VVX1500 phones work with
"all" versions of Asterisk as far back as 1.2.30, and possibly older.
This is with the earliest of the Polycom firmware to support this
device.

The problem (cause not known) is that Polycom VVX1500 phones only talk
to other Polycom VVX1500 phones, making them essentially useless.
Perhaps Polycom have fixed this in newer firmware versions - I've not
seen such a fix in their changelogs.

Regards,
Steve