[asterisk-users] chan_local and Originate

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Feb 17 09:32:50 CST 2010

17 feb 2010 kl. 16.00 skrev James Northcott / Chief Systems:

> Hi,
>
> I've recently upgraded from Asterisk 1.4.22 to 1.4.29, and I'm now
> having a problem with Originate and chan_local.
>
> I'm using the following Manager API action to originate a call:
>
> Action: originate
> Context: trunk
> Callerid: 100
> Channel: Local/100 at callback/n
> Exten: 123456789
> Variable: USERFIELD=127.0.0.1|USEREXT=123456789
> WaitTime: 30
>
> This is intended to first call extension 100 in the callback context,
> and then when that is answered, call 123456789 in the trunk context.  I
> have the following in the callback context:
>
> exten => 100,1,Answer
> exten => 100,2,Wait(2)
> exten => 100,3,NoOP(${ANSWERED} ${USEREXT})
> exten => 100,4,AGI(getChannelState.agi|${USEREXT})
> exten => 100,5,GotoIf($[${EXISTS(${ANSWERED})}]?6:2)
> exten => 100,6,Set(CDR(accountcode)=${USERFIELD})
> exten => 100,7,Set(__OriginalCallerNum=c2c ${USEREXT})
> exten => 100,8,Goto(handleq,s,new)
> exten => 100,9,Hangup
>
> The getChannelState AGI script just waits until the call to 123456789 is
> answered before putting the caller into a queue.
>
> The problem is that the second leg of the Originate, the call to
> 123456789 at trunk, never happens.  Even though the first action at
> 100 at local is to Answer, the Originate action doesn't see this, so I just
> get the AGI calls every 2 seconds for 30 seconds, and then everything
> hangs up.
>
> This code did work in a previous version of Asterisk, but I am not 100%
> sure it worked in 1.4.22 - it may have broken before then.
>
> If I replace Local/100 at callback/n with my direct SIP channel, the
> Originate works as expected.
>
> Can anyone tell me if I am using the Local channel incorrectly here?  Or
> did something about the Local channel change in recent 1.4 versions?  Is
> there a better way to do what I'm trying to do?

I think I've seen the same problem with 1.4 from svn. Can't confirm it but based on
your e-mail I will try with an old version and see if there's any difference.

Thanks for e-mailing that, you woke me up. I spent almost an hour in a very busy
system trying to find the second call leg of an AMI originate yesterday.

The CLI originate works just fine.

If you can confirm that it works in one version of 1.4 and not in 1.4.29, then please open
a bug report on issues.asterisk.org

/O