[asterisk-users] Help with Dictate app

Jayesh Jayan jayesh.jayan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 08:57:26 CST 2010

Hello One and All,

I am a Linux admin, new to asterisk. I have been assigned the task of
setting up a dictation server for the company I work for. Our company is
into transcription. Currently we are using dictation server, which is
provided by another company. Now we have decided to have our own dictation
server.

I have installed asterisk and have gone through many documentation and
guidance's available online and was able to create a dictation server. But
it doesn't meet all the requirements which we need. I have used the dictate
app for the dictation purpose. The dictate application have a predefined set
of functions for each of the phone keypads. I wish to change those, is it
possible ? Also there is a need for the keypad settings to changed
dynamically for clients logging in (authenticated by a agi script and
according to client preference). Would it be possible as well ?

Any help/guidance in this regard will be greatly helpful.

--
Jayesh Jayan

"The box said "Requires Windows 95, NT, or better", so I installed Linux."

Visit my homepage @ http://www.jayeshjayan.com