[asterisk-users] Asterisk listens on all NICs

Landy Landy landysaccount at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 16:50:29 CST 2010

Hello List.

I am puzzled and how asterisk listens to calls or connections from clients. When I do a netstat -nat I don't see asterisk listening on port 5060. Now, I'm testing a server with three network interfaces: two to the internet doing   load balancing and the other to our LAN. I would like asterisk to only accept connections coming from our LAN but, can't find where to configure this.

I know I can do it with iptables and block incoming connections to ports 5060-5070 from the internet but, wondering if it can be confiruged in asterisk.

Thanks.