[asterisk-users] rawplayer in asterisk 1.0.0

Arjan Kroon | Mobillion Arjan.Kroon at mobillion.nl
Tue Feb 16 11:36:58 CST 2010

Hi,

We are using asterisk version 1.0.0.

For queue'ing we use the rawplayer script to play a music file in the
background.

Now we see that after a while all the sessions on our Linux environment
will be taken by the rawplayer process.

An example of such a session is (done with ps -ax|grep rawplayer)

24785 ?        Z      0:00 [rawplayer <defunct>]

 8415 ?        Z      0:00 [rawplayer <defunct>]

13821 ?        Z      0:00 [rawplayer <defunct>]

18868 ?        Z      0:00 [rawplayer <defunct>]

22950 ?        Z      0:00 [rawplayer <defunct>]

The only thing to get rid of these sessions is to restart asterisk and
then kill all rawplayer sessions

Does anybody have the same problem with this problem.

A way is to upgrade asterisk, but this is not now the solution for us.

The code for the rawplayer is: /usr/bin/rawplayer

#!/bin/sh

for name in $@; do

 cat $name ;

done