[asterisk-users] Maximum call handling capacity on single server

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Feb 15 10:36:22 CST 2010

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010, Amit Patkar | Avhan Technologies Pvt. Ltd. wrote:

> I want at least 480 concurrent PSTN-IP calls.

0) Cross-posting is a no-no.

1) Not a -dev question. If you ever have any doubt a question belonging on
-dev, it doesn't.

2) Putting 480 eggs in one basket is a recipe for a bad analogy about
breaking eggs and omelets.

I would put at least 4 systems in, each with a single quad card. What will
you do if a single component (disk, PSU, DIMM, etc) fails? How will you do
software updates?

--
Thanks in advance,