[asterisk-users] transmit_silence_during_record

jonathan augenstine jaugenstine at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 10:34:34 CST 2010

I have a server that is receiving a disconnect during recording of long
incoming messages.  The connection is via a SIP gateway and when the gateway
sees no RTP for 5 mins, it hangs up the call.  I enabled
transmit_silence_during_record but I see no RTP being sent from Asterisk to
the gateway during the record.  Is there something I need to enable besides
setting "transmit_silence_during_record=yes" to enable some RTP traffic
outbound during the record?

Jonathan