[asterisk-users] problems with 1.6

Jonathan Addleman jono at redowl.ca
Fri Feb 12 17:24:16 CST 2010

I'm still unable to do much with my new 1.6 installation. I just tried
reinstalling, and using the standard debian configuration files, with
just the necessary modifications, in case I had some legacy stuff in
there from earlier versions that was interfering. I'm testing in a xen
domU with debian's asterisk package, version 1:1.6.2.0-1

When I try to connect a channel into a conference, I still get all sorts
of "Unable to write to alert pipe" and then "Exceptionally long voice
queue length queuing" errors. I've tried this with meetme and
appkonference, with no difference in the error messages.

This happens with various sorts of channels - audio playing, eagi
scripts, sip connections. For example, I just tried this through the
manager interface:

Action: originate
Channel: Local/conference at veco/n
Context: veco
Exten: playaudiofile
Variable: tour=test
Variable: dir=
Variable: conference=ConferenceA
Variable: provider=teliax
Variable:
extravalue=/var/www/vecotourism/media//transcoded/audio/long-asterisk
Variable: title=Long test sound (long-asterisk.wav)

with this in extensions.conf:
exten => playaudiofile,1,Answer
exten => playaudiofile,n,Wait(1)
exten => playaudiofile,n,Playback(${extravalue})

exten => meetme,1,Answer()
exten => meetme,n,Wait(1)
exten => meetme,n,MeetMe(${conference}_${tour},1qd)

exten => conference,1,Answer()
exten => conference,n,Noop(Trying to start conference ${conference}_${tour})
exten => conference,n,konference(${conference}_${tour})

Seems this should be very straightforward, but it isn't working. What
might be wrong?
--
Jon-o Addleman - http://www.redowl.ca