[asterisk-users] Unable to open pid file '/var/run/asterisk/asterisk.pid': No such file or directory

Brian brel.astersik100129 at copperproductions.co.uk
Fri Feb 12 06:28:53 CST 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 14:15 +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
{snip}
> So the questions to ask are, I believe:
>
> * Should asterisk here be run as root? If so: why?
It suits me to run it that way on the device concerned.
> * Where should the astvarrundir be?
If you leave the defaults as they are (dictated by (!) in asterisk.conf)
then the behaviour you get is Asterisk looking to /var/run/asterisk
which the OS deletes on reboot. The question is why is this the default
behaviour when it breaks systems that clear /var/run

This was - btw - a compile from source, not packaged offering.

> --
>                Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com