[asterisk-users] Asterisk -> SIP-ROUTER -> Internet = no audio

Yves Arikoglu yves030 at gmx.de
Thu Feb 11 19:18:50 CST 2010

Hi,

I am breaking my fingers in configuring an asterisk (1.6) to
successfully transmit audio with the following setup:

asterisk, resides in local network, ip is 10.26.208.252
versatel business router (directly connected to a dsl, configured by
sip-provider), WAN ip 89.244.13.25
versatel sip-proxy ip 89.244.13.10

in sip.conf I have:
[general]
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
externip=89.244.13.25
localnet=10.26.208.0/255.255.252.0
nat=yes
qualify=yes

the local sip phones register correctly and can make calls between each
other with audio.
the local sip phones CAN make outbound calls via the sip-provider...
will say, destination phone rings, but there is no audio (on both legs)
after pickup...
external phones can call my sip-number... the call comes into the
asterisk, the sip-extension rings, but after pickup... no audio at all.
even if i route the call from external to a queue or something else... i
see, that asterisk is playing voicefiles, but the caller does not hear
anything.
because sip-signalling works in any ways, but audio not, i think its got
something to do with nat... but there is no firewall between asterisk
and the router or between the router and the internetconnection from
versatel... and i already tried millions of combinations of using
nat=yes/no/route, qualify=yes/no, canreinvite=yes/no and and and and i´m
stuck as i was never ever stuck before :-(((((

any hints? anybody?

thanks,
yves