[asterisk-users] SIP tunnel

Andrew Hakman andrew.hakman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:32:18 CST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 6:37 AM, mosbah.abdelkader
<mosbah.abdelkader at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the following situation: A firewall is blocking all SIP and RTP
> traffic in the side of some of my clients. My clients cannot change settings
> of the firewall.
>
> I need to solve this problem and I need some help from you.

I would definitely say use a VPN. All you need is one UDP port
accessible on the server side (and no outgoing connection blocks on
the firewalled side, which is usually the case - at least something
has to be open somewhere), and then you can run any protocol you want,
that uses any ports, and no problem at all. Check out OpenVPN. It's
free, easy to setup, and has clients for all platforms.

Andrew