[asterisk-users] SIP tunnel

Jamie A. Stapleton jstapleton at computer-business.com
Thu Feb 11 08:19:59 CST 2010

Have you considered using IAX instead of SIP?  IAX2 is a VoIP protocol that carries both signaling and media on the same port: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter-Asterisk_eXchange

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of mosbah.abdelkader
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 8:37 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] SIP tunnel

Hello,

I have the following situation: A firewall is blocking all SIP and RTP traffic in the side of some of my clients. My clients cannot change settings of the firewall.

I need to solve this problem and I need some help from you.

I have this idea: implement a SIP user agent which does not use well known SIP ports (uses http port 80 for example) and use other ports that are not blocked by the firewall for RTP (FTP, https, ssh, ...ports). Then, configure Asterisk to use the same ports to interact with the client.

Is this idea feasible? if not what are the problems? please give me your opinions about the situation?

Thank you.