[asterisk-users] How to run a remote PHP script and still have access to audio stream?

Brian brel.astersik100129 at copperproductions.co.uk
Wed Feb 10 13:09:38 CST 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 13:47 -0500, Leo Burd wrote:

> Is there any
> easy way for Asterisk to  play  audio files located in remote servers?
If you can mount it, Asterisk will happily read from it. Perhaps you can
run a an ssh/ftp/smb/nfs server deamon on the webserver and mount it on
the filesystem on the Asterisk box? I'd probably want to store them
locally and have a script check the remote storage is online and then
move them. A simple FTP script may be the easiest way to achieve this.

> Another alternative would be to get Drupal to play  audio files directly
> from the Asterisk server.  Would you have any suggestions for that?
Host them both on the same machine :-) Der dum chishhhhhhhhhh..... I'll
get my coat.....>