[asterisk-users] IP Phone recommendation

Brent Torrenga lists at torrenga.com
Wed Feb 10 12:23:20 CST 2010

>SPA504G - 1 more vote for it.
>
>It is worth having 4 lines even if you need 1 initially.
>
>SPA504G supports G722 and sound is awesome even if you do not not use
>teh HD sound. If you do not care that mcuh about HD sound  and do not
>need PoE SPA941 is a excellent choice -  you get really a lot for the price
>
>Peter

Coming from someone who uses 7940's and 60's:  has Cisco/Linksys embraced
SIP compatibility with asterisk more completely with the SPA504G's than they
have the 7940 series?  Lack of features on the 7940's is frustrating, and
makes me hesitant to try other Cisco phones, even if the SPA504G is newer.

--Brent