[asterisk-users] EAGI delay

Jonathan Addleman jono at redowl.ca
Wed Feb 10 10:08:42 CST 2010

Hello,

I made a post to the forums
(http://forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72901&sid=3d5c2717ca5ab7ad676957ae436d4b51)
but haven't received any replies, so thought I'd try here.

On my debian machine running asterisk 1:1.4.21.2~dfsg-3, I've been
noticing that there's a problem with conferences (using both meetme and
app_conference) and the audio sent out to an EAGI script.

My setup is essentially a conference which then periodically gets the
EAGI application run in it. What I've noticed is that, when the
conference is newly-created, there is no latency (or at least, minimal
latency). After the conference has been running for a while though, the
delay in the audio sent to the EAGI script increases dramatically. After
45 minutes, the EAGI script gets audio that's over 20 seconds out of sync!

This was tested with an extremely simple eagi script:
#!/bin/sh
cat /dev/fd/3 > /tmp/audio.raw

the audio was then converted with:
sox -t raw -r 8000 -w -s -c 1 - output.wav

The bug doesn't seem to be in the eagi end of things though, because if
I let the conference run for a while with no eagi in the conference, and
then add it in after a while, I see the delay.

It looks like this is a bug in asterisk. Is there any known workaround?
Any chance it might be fixed in asterisk 1.6? (I plan on testing this
out, but so far I haven't been able to get app_conference working in it,
and meetme won't work since my test server is in a xen domU, so I have
no timing source)

Also, I noticed some lines in the log which may be related:

[Jan 21 15:12:46] WARNING[8574] conference.c: processed frame frequency
variation, name => ConferenceA_test, tf_count => 50, tf_diff => 950,
tf_frequency => 19.0000

There are several lines like this, with tf_diff varying between
912-1083, and tf_frequency from 18.24-21.66. Does anyone know what this
might mean?

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer!
--
Jon-o Addleman - http://www.redowl.ca