[asterisk-users] ways of initiating a call

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Feb 10 00:29:30 CST 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 03:40:48PM -0600, Danny Nicholas wrote:
> Here it is in a nutshell (in Perl, you can alter for your preferred
> language)
>        my %respa = $astman->sendcommand( Action => 'Originate',

>                                            Channel => "SIP/$fromval",

Figuring out $fromval is probably something to do with your system.
Which SIP phone relates to which "user" of the web interface.

(On our office I have a such simple utility that maps IP address of the
caller to a channel. Works nicely on a small LAN with static IPs)

>                                            Exten => $toval,

Likewise figuring out the number to dial.

>                                            Context => 'default',

The context, however, mostly depends on your specific dialplan.

>                                            priority => 1,
>                                            Number => $toval

>                                            );
> This rings SIP/$fromval and when they pickup, calls $toval.

So this is fairly simple on its own. Integrating it with your system to
actually do the right thing is the tricky bit.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com