[asterisk-users] ISDN users: 1.6.x users, I need some testing done please, regarding Overlap Receiving

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Tue Feb 9 11:32:53 CST 2010

Overlap receiving timeout, plus dialplan latency, causes network to retry
SETUP
https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=16789

This patch removes the requirement that some may have found that you need to
insert a Proceeding() statement very early in your dialplan, otherwise an
inbound overlap call may retry and fail.

Our experience was from a PRI connected PABX, if we took too long doing
database lookups, the PABX would resend the SETUP, asterisk doesn't handle
these yet, treats as not newcall and rejects it.

Please feedback to the bug.

Currently the patch is for Asterisk 1.6.1, but the issue applies to all.

Alec Davis