[asterisk-users] Losing local SIP phones when internet goes down?

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Mon Feb 8 17:59:36 CST 2010

On Monday 08 February 2010 17:11:34 Matt Riddell wrote:
> On 6/02/10 4:06 AM, Dave Cotton wrote:
> >>
> >> Your local bind is what solved the problem.  The srvlookup=no didn't
> >> actually help IMO.
> >
> > Given the choice between configuring bind and dnsmasq I know which I'd
> > go for.
>
> They're both pretty easy - bind9 easier I reckon.
>
> To set up on debian do:
>
> apt-get install bind9
>
> add to the top of /etc/resolv.conf
>
> nameserver 127.0.0.1

If you're using DHCP on any of your interfaces, you'll need to configure
dhclient (or whatever dhcp client you're using) to prepend in the
configuration with (e.g. /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf):

prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;

Otherwise, your entry in resolv.conf will be overwritten on each DHCP
lease renewal.

--
Tilghman