[asterisk-users] Strange Problem

Alexandru Oniciuc Alexandru.Oniciuc at trivenet.it
Mon Feb 8 15:23:17 CST 2010

Hello list!

I've run into a strange problem today and I was hoping that someone here has seen this before and maybe can give me a hand:

I'm using asterisk 1.6.0.22 in this config:

(A)PATTON ISDN ->(B) ASTERISK -> (C)PATTON PRI -> PSTN -> (D)OTHER PBX

Strange Problem:

USER A calls makes a call to a PBX over the PSTN and ends into an IVR. When the user makes a selection and gets his call passed to an extension of that PBX (USER D), USER D has no sound while USER A hears the voice just fine.

 If USER A makes a direct call to USER D, calling directly his extension, the call has audio both ways and its all working fine.
The same thing if USER A calls directly mobile phones or numbers that aren't managed by IVRs.

I've verified this with a few PBXs(different manufacturers), and the problem is there every time an IVR gets the control of the call.

A sip debug in asterisk confirmed that the SIP Session is not renegotiated when the call exits USER's D IVR and ends up to his extension.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thank you in advance!

Alex