[asterisk-users] IVR Demo / Create file / Move file / Demo all

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Feb 8 13:34:07 CST 2010

Un-top-posting...

>> [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Thomas Perron
>>
>> Do you see any syntax errors?

[snip]

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, Danny Nicholas wrote:

> exten => 621,n,Read(NUMBER,enteryournumberstartingwithaone,12,,5)
> ; create a variable from a DTMF entry / 12 characters long
> ** the above name is very wordy and could be replaced with the standard
> "enter-phone-number10" (in quotes because of outlook)

I would suggest creating your prompts outside of Asterisk's directory
for organization and to avoid potential name conflicts. I store my
prompts in a subdirectory of .../sounds/ based on project or client so
I can reference them easily.

>> exten => 621,n,System{(/tmp touch($NUMBER)}

> ** you don't need to create the file, Record will do that **
> ; create the file based on the variable entered

You missed a bunch here:

1) Application parameters belong in parentheses, not curly-braces.

2) Variables are "de-referenced" by curly-braces, not parentheses.

3) The $ identifying a variable reference belongs outside of the
curly-braces, not inside.

4) The parameter to the system() application is a command line. Maybe you
meant "touch /tmp/${NUMBER}."

>> Positive comments welcomed.

And most importantly, do you (Thomas) really value the time of members of
this list so little that you waste it with issues you obviously have put
close to zero effort into?

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010, Thomas Perron wrote:

> works like magic.  thank you.  I love this list.  when you get stumped
> you can always (almost!) count on some great input!

I guess we have different definitions of "stumped."

--
Thanks in advance,