[asterisk-users] GSM Gateway

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Mon Feb 8 08:27:21 CST 2010

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, Peter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a gsm gateway that is SIP based i.e no need of FXO/FXS
> analogue connection.
>
> I searched the email archives and found messages from 2008 but not sure
> how accurate these are.
>
> What do you use and how well it works ? The only sensible one I  found
> is  one made by portech and one that is made by Eurodesign.
>
> The one from portech is like a trunk while the one from eurodesign
> relies on USB and project GSMOPEN.

I've used a Portech unit (2 sims) in recent times. Did what it said it was
supposed to do.... (and still is as far as I'm aware!) Relatively easy to
setup and just had a few extralines of dialplan to detect the dialled
number and it was was to a UK mobile, then dial it via the Portech, or
fail-back to their ISDN lines..

Presumab'y you're using it for LCR type of things - relatively easy to do
in the UK, but your country's dialling codes might vary ...

Gordon