[asterisk-users] conferencing without DAHDI

Philippe Sultan philippe.sultan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 06:49:01 CST 2010

Hi Klaus,

The module is app_confbridge, and the application is ConfBridge. I had
been using it for a while because it's really easy to use : you don't
need any configuration file, and you get cool announcements upon
conference events from a playback channel.

The options work pretty much like meetme, although I would have liked
to have a 'x' option to close the conference when the last marked user
leaves. Moreover, I couldn't have the playback channel speak French,
from what I've read in the source code, I think that feature would
require a configuration file because the playback channel is not a per
user option.

Philippe

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> 8 feb 2010 kl. 12.29 skrev Klaus Darilion:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> IIRC there was an announcement some time ago that it is possible now to
>> make conferences without the need for DAHDI anymore - but I can not
>> remember the name of this feature anymore, and google didn't solved my
>> problem.
>>
>> Thus, any references to this new system are appreciated.
>>
> In Asterisk trunk there's a new conference bridge module you can test. There are also some third-party modules out there, like app_conference.
>
> /O
> --

Philippe Sultan