[asterisk-users] 2 Asterisk Boxes, Single Voicemail

ian at comtek.co.uk ian at comtek.co.uk
Sat Feb 6 16:48:07 CST 2010

> Can the message-waiting indicator be activated on a SIP phone registered
> to system B, if the voicemail resides on system A?

It was a while ago I wrote this (come to think of it I might even have
copied it from somewhere), and I don't remember if its in a working state:

-------------------------

for host in 10.200.3.100; do

          ###Voicemail MWI###
          find /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/ -wholename
'/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/voicemail/*/INBOX/msg????.txt' -print|
                  ssh -i /etc/asterisk/syncKey asterisk@$host \
  'find /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail -wholename
"/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/voicemail/*/INBOX/msg????.txt" -print0|'\
'   xargs -0 rm -f; '\
'while read FILE; do '\
'   mkdir -p `dirname "$FILE"`; '\
'   touch "$FILE"; '\
'done'

 From memory, the MWI is basically a text file. The above bash script,
(called in a cron job on our voicemail server) logs into other servers,
deletes all MWI files and then touches files to match the MWI state of
the voicemail server.

We don't actually have any phones registered with our second server yet,
  so consider the above untested!

Ian