[asterisk-users] {top|bottom|interleaved} posting, once again

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Sat Feb 6 13:17:18 CST 2010

Steve Edwards schrieb:
> On Sat, 6 Feb 2010, Michelle Dupuis wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> Oh wait, the advent of computers has allowed us to conveniently insert
>> the most recent text at the TOP of a message, to prevent people from
>> having to reread the same stuff every time.
>
> A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.
>
> Q: Why should i start my reply below the quoted text?
>
> Just because you can do something with a computer doesn't mean you should.
>
>> Just because this list's moderator has chosen bottom posting doesn't
>> make it right, logical, common sense, etc.
>
> (These lists are not moderated...)
>
> The list owner's choice did not make bottom posting right, logical and
> common sense. It was all of those things already. The list owner just made
> the right choice.
>
>> How about we don't belittle people who don't notice?
>
> (I don't think I belittled anyone for top-posting.)
>
> We all make mistakes, but once we are informed, continuing to make the
> same mistakes indicates either a lack of consideration or stupidity or
> both.
>
> Simple courtesy would be to only include relevant sections of previous
> posts and to reply below the quoted text.
>
> If you don't like the rules of the playground, find another playground.

Actually bottom-posting without trimming anything (SCNR) is about
as annoying as top-posting.
Interleaved posting is fine, quoting just enough text so everyone
can understand the context.
But I have almost given up on this endless fight.  :-)

    Philipp Kempgen
--
AMOOMA GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied  ->  http://www.amooma.de
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer, Handelsregister: Neuwied B14998