[asterisk-users] Losing local SIP phones when internet goes down?

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Sat Feb 6 00:26:56 CST 2010

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 01:21:38PM +0000, Nikhil Nair wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> OK, I've now installed a local caching nameserver, but don't see any
> change at all.

Just to add to the discussion, my setup I was using a local bind9 server
for local/authorative and recursive queries

I think from memory it was asking for a sip address to register with and
the record had a ttl or 600 (5min) so could expire very easily.

can I suggest maybe whilst eth1 (the internet link) is down, stop and
restart asterisk with logging and check to see what fails

> IN detail, what I did:

[snip]