[asterisk-users] Dial script

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Feb 5 21:08:02 CST 2010

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010, Thomas Perron wrote:

> Does anyone have a Dial script or a hint on how I can dial 10000
> numbers in sequence?
> When the calls are answered, I play a .gsm or .wav.
> Then, if user presses a defined digit, the call gets bridged to me.

Do you mean the dialed numbers are in sequence like 555-555-0001,
555-555-0002* or do you mean dialing the numbers one after the other from
a list of customers you have a pre-existing business relationship with?

I'm guessing you don't want to sit there from start to finish :) You'll
need some sort of database to keep track of which numbers have been called
and where to start the next time.

You could write a program to create "call files" or you could write a
program to connect to your Asterisk server using AMI and issue "originate"
commands.

*) Probably illegal in the United States and any other civilized country.

--
Thanks in advance,