[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6.1.13 and T.38 faxing

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Feb 5 08:55:27 CST 2010

Steve Underwood wrote:

> Spandsp doesn't support those features. I don't know anything which
> does. It seems they can only be used with TCP. Spandsp does support
>
> T38FaxFillBitRemoval
>
> which the FAX for Asterisk package does not (according to Commetrex).

I added indication of T38FaxTranscodingMMR and T38FaxTranscodingJBIG
from app_fax because of the presence of the
t38_set_mmr/jbig_transcoding() calls in the spandsp API. I will admit to
not reading the documentation to see if they actually did anything
useful, though... should I remove them?

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com