[asterisk-users] Know what would be killer?

Lyle Underwood lyleunderwood at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 23:46:38 CST 2010

Oh cool. Now I'm actually starting to wonder how hard it would be to
implement this. Unfortunately I'm extremely new to Asterisk and have not
even considered development for it. Hell, I use Trixbox.

I started googling around though and I found out that FreeSwitch
actually already has the feature I was talking about:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Specsheet

Looks like FreeSwitch gives pretty fine-grained control over what to do
with the different legs of a call, like recording them to opposite
stereo channels or recording only one leg of the call. That's basically
what I was thinking of in the simplest form of my original idea. Just
the caller 100% right and the callee 100% left.

Lyle