[asterisk-users] Running a script after Dial() ?

Ben Dinnerville ben at voicelogic.com.au
Thu Feb 4 19:23:57 CST 2010

> I get a somewhat minimal set of standard shell environment variables
> (BASH*, HOSTNAME, PWD, TERM, etc) including the same PATH environment
> variable I passed to Asterisk when it was started.

That just means that you cant rely on environment variables in the
script that you execute and you must make sure your script is fully
aware of anything it needs to know about itself. IE, dont rely on a path
being setup and enter full paths to all commands / executables or any
other variables and explicitly define them in the script - no different
to running jobs from Cron etc that dont have a full shell environment.