[asterisk-users] OpenVPN on phones?

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Thu Feb 4 14:50:54 CST 2010

On Thu, February 4, 2010 3:19 pm, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> Anyway - is there someone out there that know the behaviour of OpenVPN in
> regards of retransmits and such? A VPN that retransmits will at some
> point hurt you if you transmit media over it, especially if you scale it
> up.

OpenVPN allows for either TCP or UDP (and defaults to UDP) as the
transport.  I see no reason UDP-over-UDP would do retransmits, so I think
you'd be in good shape.  (Always willing to be proven wrong by someone
with more OpenVPN savvy than I have, but it seems right to me.)

-Ken

believed to be clean.