[asterisk-users] pickup the call: No target channel found

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 4 13:11:50 CST 2010

Hi All;

My Asterisk version is 1.4.19.1 and I am using the Pickup application, it works when I try to pickup the call that was originated from extension (for example, when 801 call 802, then the phone of extension 800 can pickup the call at 802). But it does not work when someone call from outside to the digium card (fxo zap channel will handle the call) and when caller dial 802, so it will ring at the phone of extension 802, now when the person at extension 800 try to pickup the call from 802, it does not work and it gives the below error:

[Feb  2 21:14:25] NOTICE[2703]: app_directed_pickup.c:159 pickup_exec: No target channel found for 802.

About the Pickup function, I am using it to pickup from all the context (did not determine the context), also I tried to Pickup from the context that my zapata channel configured but did not work.

In the zapata.conf, I enabled the "threewaycalling=yes" as I though if it could the reason, but still no success.

Any advise?

Regards
Bilal