[asterisk-users] OT - MWI, Polycom/kirk and Gigaset handsets

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 4 05:09:37 CST 2010

Hi,

It seems to me that DECT Gigasets do not support MWI when connected to a
Polycom/Kirk DECT base station :
when a new message is dropped into user's mailbox, I can see a NOTIFY
message sent by Asterisk to Polycom/Kirk DECT base station (here a KWS300)
but Gigaset's handset MWI remains unlit.
At the same time, a Polycom/Kirk handset subscribed to the same base station
would turn its MWI on or off.

Is there a work around this ?

When looking closer to Gigaset handset, voicemail-related menu entries
(seemed to) disappeared when the handset registered to a non-Gigaset base
station.
For instance, Gigaset A58H's voicemail button is disabled.
So basically, it seems that DECT/GAP profile doesn't include voicemail
features.
Is this correct ?

Regards