[asterisk-users] uri tel: instead of sip:accepted ?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Feb 3 03:34:51 CST 2010

3 feb 2010 kl. 08.11 skrev Alex Balashov:

> On 02/03/2010 02:03 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>>
>> 2 feb 2010 kl. 11.20 skrev BERGANZ Francois:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> Does asterisk accept uri tel: instead of sip: ?
>>>

>> No, but I think it would be a good addition.
>
> Why?  Just curious.

Well, adding a domain to a PSTN number doesn't make sense. In most cases, the PSTN number has nothing to do with the domain, the domain is just for routing which we do statically with outbound proxys and default routes anyway. To clearly separate PSTN phone numbers from SIP Uri's where the domain makes sense and the username part belongs to the domain makes more sense to me.

I know that this is not how the current implementations out there are done, but I still feel that it would bring some order to the mess :-)

/O