[asterisk-users] disable comfort noise

Mark Hulber asterisk.admin at hulber.com
Mon Feb 1 13:51:40 CST 2010

This is how I understand it.  The other end is trying to set up comfort
noise and asterisk is letting you know that it's trying to do so and
maybe you can turn this off on the other end.  I have a particular voip
provider where I get this message.  I think if you get it turned off
there's a little bit better performance on the connection.

By now people are getting used to calls without comfort noise but for a
long time it threw people off because they weren't sure if the call was
still connected.