[asterisk-users] Problems with recordings of call using Monitor

Peter den Hartog peterdenhartog at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 07:55:27 CST 2010

Hi,

I'm using the default Asterisk function Monitor to record calls, but i have
some issue's with this, the problem is when a call is finished, it never mix
in & out together, bellow you can see my call configuration:

exten => _8.,1,Monitor(wav,${EXTEN},m)
exten => _8.,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@${EXTEN:1})

(the 8 prefix is due to testing of the system)

The reason you see the exten at exten is because of OpenSips, it's connected to
Asterisk, and some of my users i would like to record are behind opensips
and reachable by dialing <ext>@<domain> but in sip.conf i defined the host,
that's why i'm using exten at exten.

Even on a normal Asterisk machine, i have issue's with recording, i'm using
Asterisk 1.6.2.

Anybody got any tips on this?

Thanks,
Peter