[asterisk-users] connect problem unless when verbose

randall randall at songshu.org
Mon Feb 1 03:19:11 CST 2010

On 02/01/2010 08:38 AM, randall wrote:
> hi all,
>
> just had a terrible and sleepless weekend at the office trying to get
> asterisk going, its just tough love ;)
>
> have tried several asterisk versions but i currently have the following
> setup on debian lenny that kind of works.
> asterisk-1.6.2.0
> dahdi-linux-complete-2.2.0.2+2.2.0
> libpri-1.4.10.2
> freepbx-2.6.0
>
> setting up the sip devices is no problem at all, the difficulty i have
> is setting up 6xisdn2 lines with 2xb410p cards.
>
> besides the fact that i have no clue about what i'm doing i find the
> available documentation very very confusing, but i finally managed to
> make outgoing calls to my mobile this morning, sort off.
>
> when calling my mobile i hear a ringtone on my sip device and my mobile
> actually rings, YEAH!!!
> however, when i accept the call on my mobile my sip device keeps on
> ringing and my mobile gives no sound at all, when cancelling the call it
> simply cancels.
>
> except, and this i don't understand, i issue asterisk -rv (only with the
> v option), then i can connect and talk to myself, i often talk to myself
> when i spent a weekend at the office but this time its justifiable ;)
>
> anybody has a clue what could trigger this behavior???
> ,

update!!!

apparently it sometimes does work, randomly, guess the -v was a very
lucky shot, i repeated it 20 times.
i do seem to get this message everytime a connection fails
[Feb  1 09:25:14] ERROR[2867] chan_dahdi.c: XXX Message longer than it
should be?? XXX

after applying this patch below the problem seem to have dissapeared for now
https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=16048